Saturday, May 13, 2006

Angelini Osteria




We finally got some good high end Italian food here in L.A. According to Chowhownd this place is the best, and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere wasn't overly trendy, a simple space with an exposed brick wall and high ceilings. My only complaint is that the tables were squished together, bringing back memories of NY. We started with a huge basket with breadsticks, rustic wheat and regular bread, and a bread that was a cross between Naan and Saltines. We both got salads (raw baby artichoke for me, spinach and mushroom for M-rgaret J-mes. My entree was spaghetti with eggplant and ricotta salata. Pictured here is M-argaret J-mes pasta e fagioli (?) and our dessert, a decadent choclate crostada with hazelnut gelato, coffee whipped cream, and chocolate sauce! Made me miss Loopa a little less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my sugardaddy took me here once and it was amazing. gladly, i didnt have to put out, so i have very fond memories