Saturday, May 13, 2006

W-t Thai



For a very different eating experience from last night, today we finally made it to W-t Thai. This is one of the big Thai temples in the L.A. area, and every weekend they have stalls of streetfood vendors lining their parking lot. It is a festive atmosphere with a great variety of exotic foods. My highlight was the pictured fried tofu and taro. The taro was something I had never had in that form (i.e. with that much grease!). I wanted to eat more but I'm sure it would have made me sick. To the right of the picture is sticky rice grilled with banana in a banana leaf. A simple but unusual and delicious combination! Here too is my wife with her favorite, fresh mango and sweet sticky rice sprinkled with roasted mung beans. We also had a papaya salad (unfortunately we had to pick around these small, limp crabs they toss in whole and mash up with the papaya).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lissa's hair looks fabulous in this pic. What a hottie! Did you just get it cut or have you become a master blow dryer?
A

Melissa said...

Duh, I got a hair cut that morning! So observant, Ms. A.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site » »